ORTHODONTIC ALIGNER THERAPY
WILL A MORE ATTRACTIVE SMILE MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR LIFE?
SURVEYS OVERWHELMINGLY SAY “YES!” The very first thing people notice about you; the first thing people base their lasting first impression on within seconds is your smile. In fact, your smile has more impact on the success of your personal and business relationships than any other part of your appearance!
- 88% of people said they remember people with beautiful smiles
- 94% said the very first thing they notice is a persons smile
- 75% believe your smile can help or hurt your career and influences whether or not you land that dream job
It all makes sense, your teeth and smile are perceived by others as a direct reflection on how you feel about yourself, how you take care of yourself and how you handle yourself. In order to form a more positive and lasting impression, more and more people are turning to orthodontic aligner therapy at Alabama Smile Design to improve their smiles.
Dr. O’Donnell has worked with many satisfied patients and they all have one thing in common: a straight, positive smile that inevitably boosts their confidence and self image.
One of the primary concerns people often have about dental braces is the aesthetic impact of the metalwork on their smile; especially for adults, the prospect of wearing braces for a long period of time can be very discouraging. Thanks to progress in digital orthodontics, aligners have established themselves as a true alternative to braces. Dr. O’Donnell is the only dentist along the Gulf Coast to be able to offer a state of the art solution to aligner manufacturing by 3D printing aligners easily and economically in his office.
WHAT IS ALIGNER THERAPY?
An orthodontic solution to straightening teeth. It offers an almost invisible alternative to metallic braces. Aligners are designed to methodically and gently shift teeth into proper alignment which is based on the specified movements Dr. O’Donnell has determined will correct the teeth. As your teeth change, you will change aligners to comfortably fit as the process continues.
WHAT CAN ALIGNER THERAPY CORRECT?
- Crowded Teeth
- Widely Spaced Teeth
- Rotated Teeth
- Teeth that are too long or too short
WHAT IS THE PROCESS TO GET STARTED?
Planning begins with a consultation between you and Dr. O’Donnell. A digital impression of your teeth is taken using an optical scanning device – this technology captures clear, highly accurate impression data with no gooey impression material and no gag reflex!
Images are then uploaded to a custom computer program where the design is reviewed and course of treatment is determined. Models and aligners are printed in office using our 3D printer.
HOW DO ALIGNERS DIFFER FROM TRADITIONAL BRACES?
Orthodontic aligner therapy offers a level of comfort and esthetics that you won’t find with traditional braces. Aside from obvious visible benefits, here are some advantages of aligners over traditional metal braces:
- You can eat whatever foods you like and do not have to be worried with food getting stuck in braces. You simply remove the aligner tray before you eat.
- Aligners allow you to brush and floss the way you are accustomed to. This is very important because teeth covered in metal brackets are more prone to decay and discoloration…much of which is undetectable until braces come off.
- Aligners are thin, smooth, comfortable plastic so there are no sharp edges like with traditional metal braces. They go virtually unnoticeable and sit comfortably in the mouth providing a natural smile throughout treatment.
- No painful adjustment appointments because with aligners, you simply move from one tray to the next as treatment progresses.
- Increased confidence without obtrusive metal braces on your teeth.
ARE YOU READY TO GET THAT “BEAUTIFUL SMILE TO MATCH A BEAUTIFUL CITY?”